Wednesday, January 1, 2014

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!

What a wonderful break the past week has been. We've been staying with my parents in Orange County, which means lots of good food and swimming and rest, which was all much needed.

Christmas was just lovely, and beyond adorable. Santa came to visit on Christmas Eve, which was both exciting and terrifying.



I think the internal monologue here was something like: "Oooooooh, Santa Santa Santa Santa ohshitohshitoshit. Maybe if I don't move he won't see me."


We eventually bribed the kiddo with a cookie, and got a couple of cute shots of my dad with both grandkids on his lap, and adorable pics of the rest of us with him too. I just love that my dad dresses up as Santa for the littles - they are still talking about it. Next year, it's gonna be full-force Christmas belief from them, and I can't wait. We'll leave cookies and they can sing songs and it'll be just ridiculous.



This one's from last year - I didn't get any pictures with Santa this year. Next year for sure!

Last night Ross and I put the kiddo to bed nice and early, and had a lovely evening playing Pinochle with my parents. As I've mentioned before, my family is huge into games. When it's a big group of us, we'll usually pull out Balderdash or Apples to Apples, but in small groups, we are all about cards. And for the first time ever, Ross and I actually beat my parents!

At midnight we toasted with delicious champagne, the kind with delicate little bubbles, and then I went straight to bed.

2014 has lots of good things in store - can't wait to see what it brings!


No comments:

Post a Comment