Monday, March 10, 2014

Just a nice little Sunday

E had his last day of soccer yesterday. He really loved going, but also, he was not at all interested in following directions any more. So I think starting next week, we'll get him signed up for swimming. At least in swim class he can't run off and try to play with the big kids - not yet, anyways! I tried to get pictures of E getting his certificate, but one of the dads picked that moment to lean over to talk to his kid, so I just got  a picture of a Russian man butt instead.

After his nap, the kiddo was super chatty. So much so that I was having trouble dealing with it. He likes to repeat himself, waiting for me to confirm or repeat the same thing. Often an absentminded "uh huh" isn't enough...he'll repeat my name until I look up and say "yes, what can I do for you?" (or sometimes, if it's the 5th time in 3 minutes, "WHAT?")

To help keep myself from yelling (I had a major headache bordering on migraine and Ross was doing our taxes - there was no escape) I kept a count. Between 3:30 and 5:00, the kiddo said:
"Mama" - 75 times"I know" - 5 times
"Not at all" - 6
 times
"Me either" - 3
 times
"This is works" - 2
 times
"I fold waundry" (said only while unfolding laundry that I had just folded, of course)- 11
 times
"Play twains" - 4
 times
"Honk honk honk" (said while honking either my nose or his) - 22
 times
"Oof" (the kid loves pratfalls) - 12 
 times
"Mama awake?" (usually accompanied by a poke in the ear) - 7
 times
"What's dat called?" - 15
 times
"dis is miiiines" - 22
 times
"Mama help me" - 16
 times
"Hi mama, whatsa matter?" - 1
 times
"I's aksin qweshuns" - 1
 times
Around 5, Ross finished the taxes and we headed off to Target (to get me some clothes that are actually comfortable - I can still wear a bunch of my pre-pregnancy stuff, but it just doesn't feel as nice as long cotton jersey dresses do!) and then to a toy store called Toy Safari, so E could give his binkies to the Binky Fairy's Elves (aka the toy store employees) in exchange for a toy. Kiddo has chewed through all his pacifiers in the last two weeks, and it seemed silly to buy him new ones, cause we knew he'd just do it again. So we talked to him for a couple of days about how he could give his binkies to the Binky Fairy, and she would take them to the babies who need them, and he would get to pick out a toy for being a good generous big boy. He really took to the idea, and walked out of the store (after a LOT of indecision) with a play-doh firetruck, which he's super excited about ) and he doesn't even realize it came with play-doh!)

Finished the night off with dinner at Burma Superstar (I think I could eat Tea Leaf Salad every night. Seriously, that stuff is like crack, if crack were delicious and healthy and made of 20 something different tasty ingredients) and then ice cream at Tucker's. They have the cutest little baby sized cones...E had his very first "dis is miiiines" cone all to himself, and it took about 5 seconds for him to get it all over his face. Adorable, but sticky.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thankful today for the absolute lack of traffic on the Bay Bridge tonight, the fancy feeling of drinking juice out of a wine glass, pulling off a good thought-provoking lesson, and my new comfy dress. If society didn't require us to change our outfits on the daily, I'd wear it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment